As Christmas is rapidly approaching, and the shops are starting to stock all their Christmas apparel. This year, instead of buying and sending Christmas cards, why not make a donation to a local charity?
NDAS is a domestic abuse charity based in Hexham that supports victims of domestic abuse and their children living in Northumberland. Making a donation to NDAS this year can really make a difference for those we support.
• £5 will buy basic necessities, such as toiletries, when a service user flees with nothing.
• £8 will buy a Freedom Programme book to support attendees to recognise abusive behaviours.
• £10 will contribute towards transport costs for a service user to attend one of our programmes.
• £30 will cover childcare costs for a day to allow a service user to attend a course (most of our programmes/courses are run over 6 days).
• £60 will allow our Children’s Therapeutic Counsellor to have 4 play therapy or support sessions with children and young people who have lived with domestic abuse or violence.
• £100 will buy 800 Northumberland Domestic Abuse Services leaflets to raise awareness throughout the county.
• £250 will buy resources in support of our prevention work, educating children and young people to recognise abusive behaviours to prevent abusive relationships.
• £400 will buy discreet contact information to hand out to victims of abuse and promotional materials for events, awareness or training.
• £500 will provide room hire and resources and expenses to run one of our programmes.
If you would like to make a donation to NDAS this year, please contact us for more details by telephone on 01434 608030 or by emailing email@example.com